Friday, February 9, 2018

COMPASS ROSE NECKLACE

   I am not a stranger to the nautical having grown up Cape Cod, MA usa, early 1950's, until I attended Framingham State College (now up-branded to Framingham State University) and settled off-Cape after college mid to late 1970's. My parents and other relatives and friends lived there their remaining lives. I went back to see my Cape Cod family often. Not during Summer, peak tourist season, if I could help it.        
     Several years ago now, I saw the Compass Rose Necklace in a Cross Jewelers, Portland, ME paper advertisement and purchased what I could afford.
     I just really liked it.
     I found out later that my niece and nephew-in law sold this line at the time in their jewelry store,
M. K. Benatti, 11 State Street, Newburyport, MA 01950, also.
I felt so bad. 
     I wore it every day for a long time.
     I lost it once. I searched the area where I worked, nothing. I
shook out the clothes I was wearing, nothing. I despaired it was lost for good.
     One 
evening, in the bathroom, looking down, something shone. I looked down under the edge of the sink - the Compass Rose disk had re-appeared.
     I never found the chain. I replaced the chain with a purchase from Baza Jewelers here in Milford, MA. I go to Baza Jewelers if I need or want something locally. Not often, but Mr. Baza has always been gracious when I have visited. I think it was our daughters joined Girl Scouts, and my daughter and his children went to Milford Public School, probably not the same grades.  
   I stopped wearing my Compass Rose Necklace for a little after fracturing my right knee cap last September. I took it off to go to hospital for my successful operation, and didn't put it on again.
   Until recently. I have started wearing it again.
   I haven't bought any other piece of jewelry from Cross Jewelers, Portland, ME. 
   They advertise in the paper Sunday magazine "GLOBE MAGAZINE", which comes in the "BOSTON SUNDAY GLOBE" paper newspaper. I look to see what they are advertising in that printing.   
     They have my address, continue to send me paper catalogs.
     I pore through their paper catalogs,
     Window shopping.
     Maybe something, some other day.
     From any of these jewelry stores.
     Or not.      

No comments:

Post a Comment